A lot of improvements since last time, including things you folks can see, and behind the scenes stuff. Keep the feedback coming, we appreciate everyone's contributions thus far. Notable updates are:
- Site search. This will search titles and tags.
- Image upload optimizations. The process of creating a post should be much quicker now.
- NSFW Tag. The TOS has been updated to only exclude involuntary nudity/pornography. As long as an adult post is tagged NSFW, it may be uploaded and/or published. NSFW flags have been added to the account tab in your profile to enable viewing these posts and thumbnails. They do not show up in the community by default.
It's been a busy couple weeks at Image Chest fine tuning quite a bit of the site as you folks start to use it during this soft launch. We've received some great feedback so far and hope we can continue to roll forward and provide useful features the community wants. Below are some highlights of what we added or fixed recently:
- Image descriptions can now have proper line breaks.
- Posts can be marked as a favorite. You can see all your favorites on your profile.
- Posts now contain deletion URLs. This is handy for anonymous users to be able to delete their posts later.
- The first image in a post will now be the thumbnail. Simply re-order your post to change the thumbnail.
- Comments can be upvoted or downvoted and will be sorted by score as a result.
- You can download a zip file of the images in your post via the tools menu.
- You can view a public profile page for any user by clicking their name in a post or by browsing to https://imgchest.com/u/username
Please don't hesitate to report any bugs or provide feedback via our contact form
Thanks for using Image Chest!
This blog will be a way to communicate with the user base about new features or anything else happening with Image Chest.
The site is currently in beta until the current feature list is implemented and some of the existing features are improved.
If you have any thoughts on features or feedback, please don't hesitate to contact
us. User feedback is very important during this development phase.